As of July 21, 2017
The Cambodian government is striving to achieve its rectangular strategy III through 2014 to 2018 national strategic development plan (NSDP) with the mid and long term vision to reaches Upper Middle Income Country by 2030 and High Income Country by 2050. Korean Government is making an effort to contribute to Cambodia’s successful implementation of rectangular strategy III and NSDP. Korean Government set up the official development assistance priority areas for Cambodia based on Cambodia’s development strategies, Cambodia’s development needs, Korea’s comparative advantage, donor coordination, and bilateral and bilateral policy discussions. Korea will allocate 70% of its ODA budget on the four priority areas.
1) Transportation: Improve inter-regional accessibility and sub-ruban economic development through constructing transport infrastructures.
2) Water Management and Public Health Development: Support to ensure health care right and insurance for preservation water resource management and health life
3) Education Development: Human resources development through improvement of educational quality and system
4) Rural Development: Strengthen sustainability and improvement of undeveloped environment in rural area
2-Korea’s ODA disbursement to Cambodia
– A total budget of ODA provided by Korean Government from 1991 to 2014 amount to US$650million. Especially, Korea increased its ODA sharply after 2010 and Cambodia became Korea’s 3rd largest partner country in 2010 to 2014 with US$300 million ODA recipient of in this period.
(Korea’s ODA to Cambodia from 2010 to 2014 in USD million)